Natalie E. Levine
Telephone: 416 860 6568
Fax: 416 640 3207
Suite 2100, Scotia Plaza
40 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 3C2
Natalie E. Levine is a partner in the firm's Restructuring and Insolvency Group. As a former US practitioner, Natalie's strength is in working with US-based clients to understand the challenges of the Canadian insolvency landscape and developing solutions in complex proceedings. Her practice focuses on corporate restructurings, with an emphasis on debtors, DIP lenders and informal committees in cross-border proceedings. Her restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, renewable energy, manufacturing and entertainment.
Natalie’s recent and public representations include:
- Connacher Oil and Gas Limited in its CCAA proceedings
- Grant Thornton as Monitor in the Toys “R” Us (Canada) Ltd. cross-border insolvency proceedings
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Aegerion Holdings Inc. in connection with a cross-border litigation and insolvency proceeding
- The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of BPS US Holdings Inc., et al. in connection the company’s chapter 11 and CCAA proceedings
- Informal Group of Senior Secured Noteholders and Plan Sponsors of CHC Group Ltd. in connection with its cross-border restructuring proceedings
- Delaware Trust as Unsecured Notes Trustee in connection with Tervita Corporation’s CBCA recapitalization
- Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. in connection with its successful repayment of all secured and unsecured note indebtedness and acquisition by Centerra Gold Inc.
- A major television studio in connection with the Superchannel CCAA proceedings
- H.B. White Canada Corp. in connection with its CCAA proceeding and settlement of significant construction contract disputes
- DIP Lender to Horsehead Holdings and its Canadian subsidiary, Zochem Inc. in connection with their CCAA recognition proceedings
- DIP Lender to Colt Defense LLC and its affiliates in connection with their CCAA recognition proceedings
- Xinergy Ltd. in connection with its CCAA recognition proceeding
- Certain suppliers in connection with the CCAA proceedings of Target Canada Co.
- First Lien Lenders of Walter Energy, Inc. in connection with its cross-border restructuring
- Ad Hoc Group of Bondholders of Great Western Minerals Group Ltd. in connection with its worldwide restructuring
- Ad Hoc Group of Bondholders of Great Basin Gold in connection with its cross-border restructuring
Natalie is a former member of the board of the Ontario Network of IWIRC and active in the TMA Network of Women. Natalie is also a member of the NCBJ NexGen class of 2016. Natalie is frequently asked to speak on comparative US and Canadian restructuring issues, and has served as guest lecturer at the University of Windsor.
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Natalie was a lawyer with an international firm, practicing in its restructuring group in New York and Washington, D.C..
Columbia University, J.D. (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), 2007
Washington University in St. Louis, B.A. (History & Political Science), 2004
Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events
Natalie Levine Speaking at the Sixteenth Annual Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal Symposium
Call to the bar
Washington, DC 2011
New York, 2008
- American Bar Association
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
Restructuring & Insolvency