Telephone: 416 860 6456
Fax: 416 360 8877
Suite 2100, Scotia Plaza
40 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 3C2
"Innovative thinker ... able to find the right strategy."
- Who's Who Legal
Marlon Hylton is a partner in our Advocacy Group and Head of Discovery Management. Marlon practices exclusively in the areas of e-Discovery and information governance.
In his role as Head of Discovery Management, Marlon designs customized and strategic discovery solutions for litigation matters through collaboration with the firm’s litigators and clients. Marlon is committed to providing advice and direction on every stage of the e-Discovery process to ensure legal defensibility, security, cost-effectiveness and efficiency. He also applies his experience as a member of the Ontario E-Discovery Implementation Committee and the Sedona Conference Working Group 7 to implement forward-looking principles and e-Discovery best practices.
As part of his information governance, cybersecurity and data breach practice, Marlon provides legal and technical advice directly to our clients on defensible information governance strategies and systems, including records management, legal hold, email usage, instant messaging, social media, information security and other related policies.
An active participant in the information management community, Marlon is a frequent speaker on e-Discovery and information governance issues and is part of the faculty for the Osgoode Certificate in eDiscovery, Information Governance and Privacy.
- "Respondents praise his 'innovative thinking' and his 'ability to find the right strategy.' " - Who's Who Legal Canada (e-Discovery)
- "Recommended for his 'creativity and entrepreneurial outlook'. He is a leader in the space and is often looked to for his superb counsel and knowledge." - Who's Who Legal Litigation (e-Discovery)
- "Considered a rising star by practitioners in the region who commend his 'innovative and cost-effective approach." - Who's Who Legal Canada (e-Discovery)
Osgoode Hall Law School, J.D., 2009
York University, B.A.S., 2006
Publications, Newsletters and Articles
Class Actions e-COMMUNIQUÉ - August 2019
Class Actions e-COMMUNIQUÉ - September 2018
Class Actions e-COMMUNIQUÉ - April 2018
Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events
Marlon Hylton Discussing "Leveraging Technology Through the Lifecycle of a Case"
Marlon Hylton Speaking on "e-Discovery: The Fundamentals"
Call to the bar
- OBA’s Ontario eDiscovery Implementation Committee
- Sedona Conference Working Group 7
- Dean’s Gold Key Award, Osgoode Hall Law School
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (Corporate & Commercial Litigation)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2018 (e-Discovery)
- Who's Who Legal Litigation 2018 (e-Discovery)
Pro Bono/Community Involvement
- LEAP Jamaica – a non-profit organization focused on education and literacy for youth in the Caribbean, Founder and Chairman