Lindsay E. Dykstra
Telephone: 416 860 6598
Fax: 416 360 8877
Suite 2100, Scotia Plaza
40 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 3C2
Lindsay Dykstra is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Group, specializing in corporate and entertainment law. She regularly advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, private equity financings, and a variety of intellectual property matters including trademark and copyright law.
Lindsay also serves on the board of directors of a society that provides legal advice and resources to artists, arts organizations and non-profits.
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Lindsay worked as an associate in the Vancouver office of another national firm.
- Acted for a gaming company in their acquisition of the West GTA Bundle from the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, for a purchase price of $134 million
- Acted for a gaming company in their acquisition of the East Gaming Bundle from the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, for a purchase price of $51.3 million
- Acted for a cannabis company in their $3.2 billion acquisition of MedReleaf Corp.
- Acted for an investment company in their acquisition of a US-based cannabis company, for a purchase price of US$48 million
- Acted for a large resource company in their acquisition of US-based sawmill facilities, for a purchase price of US$430 million
- Street Art, Copyright and the Law, Vancouver Mural Festival, August 2018 (Presenter)
- Conversations about Copyright and Creativity: Fair Dealing and the Recent York University Case, Vancouver, October 2017 (Presenter)
University of British Columbia, J.D., 2015
University of British Columbia, B.Com. (Hons.), 2009
Call to the bar
British Columbia, 2016Ontario, 2019
Copyright & Entertainment
Mergers & Acquisitions