Telephone: 416 869 5328
Fax: 416 644 9371
Suite 2100, Scotia Plaza
40 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 3C2
Jamie Litchen is a partner in our Securities Group and Business Law Group. Jamie is also an active member of the firm’s Mining Group and Cannabis Group.
Jamie represents a wide variety of public and private companies as well as investment dealers in connection with various securities, corporate and commercial matters. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions in a broad range of industries, including mining, cannabis and technology. Jamie has extensive experience advising on complex domestic and cross-border transactions, including numerous M&A transactions, business combination transactions, take-over bids, corporate reorganizations and go-public transactions. Through Jamie’s corporate finance practice, she assists start-up clients as well as established companies in connection with seed capital, private placements, public offerings and secondary offerings.
In addition to being a transaction specialist, Jamie is a trusted advisor to many clients in connection with their day-to-day securities compliance, disclosure and corporate governance matters. Jamie regularly advises mining clients at every stage of development, including exploration and development companies, early-stage junior mining clients and established senior producers, as well as a variety of cannabis industry participants, including licensed producers in Canada and the United States, beverage and other ancillary companies seeking opportunities throughout the emerging global cannabis sector.
Jamie has been recognized as a leading female lawyer in the cannabis industry and is also a member of Women in Capital Markets and Women in Mining.
Jamie has been involved in numerous industry-leading transactions in both the mining and cannabis industries, including acting for:
- Canopy Growth Corporation on its $540 million acquisition of Hiku Brands Company Ltd.
- Canopy Rivers Inc. in connection with its go-public transaction and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange, the first go-public transaction by a company in the cannabis industry led by a Schedule 1 bank
- Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. in its $1.2 billion business combination with Newmarket Gold Inc.
- Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc. in its $1.1 billion acquisition by Centerra Gold Inc.
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $520 million acquisition of Kaminak Gold Corporation
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $526 million acquisition of Probe Mines Limited
- Goldcorp Inc. in its $2.6 billion hostile take-over bid for Osisko Mining Corporation
- Yamana Gold Inc. in connection with the spin-out to shareholders, initial public offering and listing of Brio Gold Inc. on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Yamana Gold Inc. in its US$300 million offering of senior unsecured notes
- Yamana Gold Inc. in its $50 million bought deal and secondary offering of common shares of Brio Gold Inc.
- Yamana Gold Inc. on the filing its $1.0 billion shelf prospectus
- U.S. Concrete, Inc. in its $310 million acquisition of Polaris Materials Corporation
- the special committee of Peregrine Diamonds Ltd. in its $107 million acquisition by De Beers Canada Inc.
- Scotia Capital Inc. and a syndicate of underwriters in connection with Titan Mining Corporation’s $50 million initial public offering
- Dream Water Products Canada Inc. in connection with its $34.5 million acquisition by Harvest One Cannabis Inc.
- Golden Leaf Holdings Ltd. in connection with various private placement financings and M&A transactions
- BSM Technologies Inc. in its $85 million business combination with Webtech Wireless Inc.
- BSM Technologies Inc. in connection with various financings
- VersaPay Corporation in connection with its sale of its point of sale merchant services business to BluePay Canada, ULC
- VersaPay Corporation in connection with various prospectus and private placement financings
- Desert Lion Energy Inc. in connection with its go-public transaction and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange
Osgoode Hall Law School, J.D., 2012
Schulich School of Business, MBA, 2012
Western University, B.A., 2008
Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events
Cassels Brock Hosts Global Cannabis Conference with Eight Capital
Jamie Litchen Speaking at the 2019 Business & Law of Cannabis Conference
Proud Sponsor of the OBLS Cannabis Business Law Forum: Featuring Expert Insights by Jamie Litchen and Jonathan Sherman
Call to the bar
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Mergers & Acquisitions