Telephone: 416 869 5456
Fax: 416 360 8877
Suite 2100, Scotia Plaza
40 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 3C2
Chad Podolsky is an associate our Business Law Group and a member of the firm’s Cannabis and Emerging Companies & Technology Groups Chad has diverse experience working on mergers and acquisitions, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, venture capital and corporate and commercial agreements.
Chad has assisted many clients in high growth industries such as the cannabis and technology sectors with early stage shareholders’ and partnership agreements, corporate finance and negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, such as services agreements, supply agreements and marketing agreements. Chad’s M&A practice involves public and private company acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic collaborations.
Examples of Chad’s recent work in these areas include representing:
- Canopy Growth Corporation in its offtake agreement with Pharmhouse Inc. for its flowering space available at its Leamington greenhouse facility
- A Canadian-based exporter of cannabis to the European Union on its seed financing rounds and advising on internal corporate matters
- A Canadian technology company on its seed financing and shareholders’ agreement
- Giftcraft Ltd. on its partnership with CID Capital, an U.S.-based private equity firm
- The seller of a minor league professional sports team ($5 million)
Chad received his JD from the University of Toronto in 2016. Prior to that, Chad received an Honours Business Administration degree from the Richard Ivey School of Business at Western University in 2013. Chad was on the Dean’s List throughout his undergraduate studies and received scholarships for academic excellence.
Before joining Cassels Brock in his first summer, Chad worked in sales and finance with a boutique financial services company in Toronto.
University of Toronto, J.D., 2016
Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events
Chad Podolosky Taking Part in M&A Panel at UofT
Call to the bar
Emerging Companies & Technology
Mergers & Acquisitions